Russia and Putin: Everyone spent all weekend talking about whether or not Russia was directly behind the hacking of the DNC. The Democrats are trying to create a "hail Mary" scenario by shifting the blame for their failure to elect Hillary Clinton to Putin, and hopefully convincing 37 electors to switch their vote to anyone but Trump. Here's our analysis of these events.
Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF):All of the articles on this website will contain a strategic analysis of daily events, in this general format. You can expect a couple of short paragraphs to describe what's going on. Then we put the "bottom line up front" so you can quickly scan the list of bullet items and see the conclusions. Finally you can open the main article to read the details of you're so inclined.
- There's a general consensus Russia was behind the hacks of the DNC and other targets.
- The details of the intelligence reports are highly classified, and should not be made public.
- Russia has the technological capability to carry out such an attack, and then some...
- The United States and practically every other modern country has exerted their influence on foreign nations throughout history.
- Fake News almost certainly changed votes - on both sides.
- The facts contained within the stolen emails are true, regardless of their source.